What is resilience?
Resilience is our ability to get through challenging circumstances, and not just get through them, but come out stronger and wiser on the other side. Resilience is like a muscle, the more we train it, the stronger it gets. It grows through healthy and supportive relationships, taking care of ourselves and others, and asking for help when we need it.
Introductory Skills: Start here to learn about mental health and resilience.
- Skills sheet: What is Mental Health?
- Skills sheet: Emotion Identification
- Skills sheet: Resilience Role Models
- Skills sheet: Growth Mindset
- Skills sheet: How Are You?
- Skills sheet: Self-care
- Skills sheet: Window of Tolerance
Green Light Skills: Green Light Skills are skills to use every day to promote a strong, stable foundation of mental health.
- Skills sheet: Green Light Skills
- Skills sheet: Take a Breath
- Skills sheet: Fuel Your Body
- Skills sheet: Move Your Body
- Skills sheet: Rest Your Body
- Skills sheet: Who is in your support circle?
- Skills sheet: Setting Healthy Boundaries
- Skills sheet: Do Something You Enjoy!
- Skills sheet: Noticing Game
- Skills sheet: Take Medicine as Prescribed
- Skills sheet: Be Mindful
- Skills sheet: Green Light Skills Practice
- Skills sheet: Ask for Help When You Need it
Red Light Skills: Red Light Skills help you ASK FOR HELP when you need it, which is when you are doing something or have a circumstance that exceeds your knowledge or your emotional bandwidth, or if you are in crisis.
- Red Light Skills La Crosse Area Crisis Resources
- Red Light Skills National Crisis Resources
- Red Light Skills Community Guide for Basic Needs
Yellow Light Skills: Yellow Light Skills are skills to use when you have extra stress, potentially from hunger, sickness, fatigue; anger, anxiety, loneliness, depression; and/or the temptation to cut, use, or do something harmful to yourself.
- Skills sheet: Yellow Light Skills
- Skills sheet: Noticing and Calming
- Skills sheet: Managing Anxiety
- Skills Sheet: Reflecting and Processing
- Skills Sheet: H.A.L.T: Reflecting
- Skills Sheet: H.A.L.T: Processing
- Skills Sheet: Healthy Distraction Skills
- Skills Sheet: Healthy Distractions
- Skills Sheet: Express Yourself
- Skills Sheet: Resilience-Building
- Skills Sheet: Yellow Light Skills Practice
This series is brought to you by the La Crosse Area Family YMCA and
Better Together as part of an effort to build a Resilient and Trauma-Informed Community.