Intro: What is mental health?
Join Sarah Johnson, Mental Health Director at the La Crosse Family YMCA, for our video series and skills sheets (handouts!) on building resilience. Tips, topics, skills, and strategies that we can use at our own tables to build resilience in ourselves and others.
Resilience is our ability to get through challenging circumstances, and not just get through them, but come out stronger and wiser on the other side
Resilience is like a muscle, the more we train it, the stronger it gets. It grows through healthy and supportive relationships, taking care of ourselves and others, and asking for help when we need it.
See below for 3-5 minute videos and skills sheets on ways to build resilience.
More supporting materials are in the works, so check back here soon!
Intro: What is mental health and resilience
- Episode 1: What is Mental Health?
- Skills sheet: What is Mental Health?
- Episode 2: Emotion Identification
- Skills sheet: Emotion Identification
- Episode 3: Resilience Role Models
- Episode 4: Who Helped You Build Resilience
- Skills sheet: Resilience Role Models (This handout can be used with Episode 3 and 4)
- Episode 5: Growth Mindset
- Skills sheet: Growth Mindset
- Episode 6: How Are You? and Coping Skills
- Skills sheet: How Are You?
- Episode 7: Self-care
- Skills sheet: Self-care
- Window of Tolerance
- Skills sheet: Window of Tolerance