Dinner Table Resilience
Join Sarah Johnson, Mental Health Director at the La Crosse Family YMCA, for our video series on building resilience. Tips, topics, strategies, and skills that we can use at our own tables to build resilience in ourselves and others.
Resilience is our ability to get through challenging circumstances, and not just get through them, but come out stronger and wiser on the other side.
Resilience is like a muscle, the more we train it, the stronger it gets. It grows through healthy and supportive relationships, taking care of ourselves and others, and asking for help when we need it.
See below for 3-5 minute videos on ways to build resilience.
Supporting materials (like handouts and worksheets) are in the works, so check back here soon!
Intro: What is mental health and resilience
- Episode 1: What is Mental Health?
- Episode 2: Emotion Identification
- Episode 3: Resilience Role Models
- Episode 4: Who Helped You Build Resilience
- Episode 5: Growth Mindset
- Episode 6: How Are You? and Coping Skills
- Episode 7: Self-care
Green Light Skills
- Episode 8: Green Light Skills
- Episode 9: Green Light Skill Breathe
- Episode 10: Green Light Skill Hunger Fullness Scale
- Episode 11: Green Light Skill Move Your Body
- Episode 12: Geen Light Skill Rest Your Body
- Episode 13: Green Light Skill Support Wheel
- Episode 14: Green Light Skill “I” Messages
- Episode 15: Green Light Skill Do Something You Enjoy
- Episode 16: Green Light Skill Practice, Practice, Practice
- Episode 17: Green Light Skill The Noticing Game
- Episode 18: Green Light Skill Take Your Medicine
- Episode 19: Green Light Skill Mindful of What’s Going In and On
- Episode 20: Green Light Skill Ask for Help When You Need It
- Episode 21: Green Light Skills Review
Red Light Skills
Yellow Light Skills
- Episode 23: Yellow Light Skills Overview
- Episode 24: Yellow Light Skill Noticing and Calming – Noticing Practice
- Episode 25: Yellow Light Skills Noticing and Calming – Calming Practice
- Episode 26: Yellow Light Skill Reflecting and Processing
- Episode 27: Yellow Light Skill Reflecting and Processing using H.A.L.T.
- Episode 28: Yellow Light Skill Reflecting and Processing using Chain Analysis
- Episode 29: Yellow Light Skill Noticing and Calming using Healthy Distractions
- Episode 30: Yellow Light Skill Healthy Distraction Kits
You can find more mental health resources at the La Crosse Area Family YMCA website.
This series is brought to you by the La Crosse Area Family YMCA and
Better Together as part of an effort to build a Resilient and Trauma-Informed Community.